[TN-Bird] Pond Mtn Warblers. Vireos, and other birds (Carter Co0nty,TN)

  • From: merlinz02@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 21:02:16 -0400

Hello Bristol Area and Tennessee Birders,

Today I had a small touch of Avian Flu which kept me out of work, but
sent me into the mountains of Carter County over the back forest
service road of Pond Mountain.

I had a good number of Warblers, Vireos, and other good birds.  Even at
the highest elevations of Pond Mountain there were numerous
Black-throated Green Warblers, Blue-headed Vireos, and a surprise
visiit by a Red-breated Nuthatch.

I was amazed to hear the chatter, mews, and other such neat sounds
coming from the Blue-headed Vireos present.  I stayed and hunted these
birds down to make sure that they were indeed Blue-headed Vireos.  This
is the first year that I can remember that I have heard such chatter
from these vireos in the field.

I also had many FOY birds.  The birds in all CAPS are FOY (first of
year).

The Warbler lilst:

Northen Parula
BLACK-THROATED BLUE WARBLER