[TN-Bird] Re: Question for Knox Co birders

  • From: Charlie <cmmbirds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wallace.henry@xxxxxxxxx, tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 12:33:58 -0700 (PDT)

Henry, and others,

Yes the KTOS chapter is alive!  We're all so busy out in the field,
some of us don't get a chance to report often enough.  This Sunday is
the Knox County count, and they sure can use some help (Dean Edwards
is compiler - kde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

This Saturday is our annual Dogwood Arts Festival walk at Sharps
Ridge.  Several field trip leaders will be on hand all morning.

This Friday we are hosting a talk at Ijams Nature Center by Sam and
Mary Ann Venable .  This is also part of the Dogwood Arts Festival.
Talk starts at 7, but we hope many folks will arrive at 6 for the
silent auction, which will benefit Ijams, and also the JB Owen fund,
which supports conservation and education efforts.

More information can be found by going to the state website
www.tnbirds.org and clicking on local chapters, then Knoxville.  This
includes our newsletters and contact information.

Finally, several members of the chapter are competing to find the
most birds in Blount County this year.  Currently the leader is at
132 species, and cumulatively at least 139 species have been found in
the county since January 1.

Charlie

--- Henry Wallace <wallace.henry@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Is there a separate email list for Knox county or does the KTOS run
> its own mailing list? I know there have been several field trips
> this
> Spring, but I've only seen one report on this list - from the
> Loudon
> Co trip. Further, with migration in full swing, I would've expect
> more
> information about local hot spots like Sharps' Ridge.
>
> I've been away from TN for a several years, and I've been stuck
> inside
> this Spring. So, I'm a little out of touch with the local scene.
> I'm
> hoping to get the OK to get out in the field in the next week or
> so,
> and I was hoping to hear more about what birds are being seen in
> the
> area.
>
> Yours in birding,
>
> Henry T. Wallace
> South Knox Co, TN
>
>   TN-Bird Net is owned by the Tennessee Ornithological Society
>        Neither the society(TOS) nor its moderator(s)
>         endorse the views or opinions expressed
>         by the members of this discussion group.
>
>          Moderator: Wallace Coffey, Bristol, TN
>                  wallace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

>      Visit the Tennessee Ornithological Society
>           web site at http://www.tnbirds.org
> Topographical Maps located at http://topozone.com/find.asp

Charlie Muise, Naturalist in
Great Smoky Mountains National Park

"To the dull mind all nature is leaden.  To the illuminated mind
the whole world sparkles with light."  - Ralph Waldo Emerson