[TN-Bird] New Yard Bird

  • From: "likebird" <likebird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TN-BIRD" <TN-BIRD@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 12:12:45 -0500

Birders,
I'll try this again.  Hit something that really messed up my e-mail.  Anyway, I
am still in shock from the new yard bird seen today.  I am two weeks from
closing on my house and I get this bird!!  I looked out back this morning and
on the fence was a beautiful male Northern Harrier!  I don't know what yard
bird number he is because my list is packed somewhere!  He sat a minute then
flew to ground catching what I think was a vole, ate a bite or two and flew
off.  I do see Harriers on Hwy. 100 several miles down the road from time to
time but never in my yard before.  Good parting gift!!
Linda V. Kelly
Nashville, TN
Davidson CO