[TN-Bird] Lark Sparrow in Gibson County

  • From: Mark Greene <greenesnake@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 14:23:42 -0700 (PDT)

April 24, 2013

I found a Lark Saprrow in Gibson County this afternoon at the west end of
Hadley Road at the jct. w/ the Hwy 45W 4 lane. It flew across the road and
landed in a field and then flew back across the road and landed in the field on
the south side of Hadley Road.

In Lake County today I found a pair of Black-necked Stilts in a field just
north of Tiptonville Landing on Tiptonville Ferry Road. There were not a lot of
shorebirds around. I had a small flock of American Golden-Plovers on the Great
River Road along with a few scattered Lesser Yellowlegs and Solitary
Sandpipers. I had a Forster's Tern feeding in a pond along the Great River Road
and had at least 8 Bald Eagles in flight today in Lake County.

In my yard, west of Trenton in Gibson County, I've had several Palm Warblers
moving through over the last few days and today I had a singing Yellow Warbler.

Good birding,

Mark Greene
Trenton, TN
Gibson County