[TN-Bird] L-B Dowitchers

  • From: "wodu1440 tds.net" <wodu1440@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 16:50:46 -0500

04/24/13
TN NWR - Duck River Unit
New Johnsonville
Humphreys County
Pool 4

Observed a flock of 63 long-billed dowitchers fall in shortly after the
rain ended.  They landed in a puddle in a corn field right at the corner of
Refuge Lane and Lawrence Creek Rd.  I was able to ease up next to them in
the truck and observe them from only about 15' away as they went to
feeding.  I am kicking myself for not having taken my camera to work.  They
were in nice breeding plumage helping make ID easier.  There were 10 l.
yellowlegs in the same puddle with them.

Clayton Ferrell