[TN-Bird] Golden Eagle(s) at Clinton

  • From: Billie Cantwell <bfcantwell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 07:27:00 -0400

FYI,
Billie Cantwell
Knoxville, TN

Just to inform, and perhaps this isn’t extraordinary news, but exciting to us:
at 3 PM today saw a golden soaring over
my property on Eagle Bend Rd, just east of the Southern Railway bridge crossing
Clinch River.  There may have also been
a second, near the water headed downstream toward the railway crossing, but I
cannot swear to it.  Soarer was perhaps
50ft overhead and wingspan looked near 6 feet.  Clinch is at low water for bank
maintenance, twenty or thirty feet of
bottom exposed along the shallow bank.  Perhaps this has something to do with
the bird's presence.

Richard Snead
Eagle Bend, Clinton

---