[tn-bird] Re: Confederate Park, Memphis

  • From: Robert <rwf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 00:39:34 -0500

PYRPYRFECT@xxxxxxx wrote:
 > An unfortunate disagreement with a police officer about
 > the speed of my pickup caused me to have an appointment
 > today in traffic court in downtown Memphis.

I just mailed a money order for $258 to a traffic court
in Crystal Beach, Texas. Crystal Beach is a nasty speed trap
situated between several great places to bird.

http://topozone.com/map.asp?lat=29.4525&lon=-94.62944

Besides the ticket in Crystal Beach, September 25, 2002 around
2:30pm, I remember seeing several Little Blue Herons standing
on a metal barrier next to Roll-Over Pass. The Caribean connects
to the Intercoastal Waterway thru this little channel they've
carved thru Bolivar Peninsula in Roll-Over, Texas.

http://topozone.com/map.asp?z=15&n=3265038&e=354401

The Little Blue Heron did not wade patiently and peck for fish.
They would pounce quickly, when a wave crashed against the metal
barrier and snatch little fish or shrimp in their beaks, while
hovering in mid-air. I had never seen anything like it.

http://www.mbr-pwrc.usgs.gov/id/framlst/Photo/Images/h2000p3.jpg

Robert