[TN-Bird] Re: American Woodcock

  • From: Charles Nicholson <cpnicholson53@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN-bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2014 13:35:49 -0400

Can anyone provide Mr. Whitehead with information on finding American
Woodcocks during the second half of April?  Although the migrant birds will
have pretty much moved north by then and any locally breeding males will
have stopped regular displays, the local males will still be flying out to
the display grounds in the evening and may give the occasional display.

Thanks,
Chuck Nicholson
Tennessee Ornithological Society
Norris, TN