[TN-Bird] American Avocets and Long-billed Dowitchers Snow Bunting Penisula

  • From: Stczipperer@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 13:57:38 -0400 (EDT)

4/25/15
Snow Bunting Penisula
Old Hickory Lake, Nashville, TN

Got a text from Scott Somershoe that American Avocets were at Snowbird
Penisula so I headed over there as soon as I got off work.  Thanks to those
that found them and got the word out.  Avocets were still there when I
arrived at 8:00 AM.  Yellowlegs were gone.  Lot of vehicles in and out  of
there.
Had to Long-billed Dowitchers fly in while I was watching the  Avocets.
Blue-wing Teal and N. Shovelers also present.  Photos of  Avocets and LB
Dowitchers attached.

Headed down to Eagleville, TN in Rutherford Co.,(which was my original plan
 for today) hoping for some shorebirds after the rain last night.  2
Pectoral Sandpipers and 1 Cattle Egret were best birds.

Good birding

Stephen Zipperer
Rutherford Co., TN

JPEG image