[TN-Bird] Re: How many birds species in Knoxville?

  • From: Carole Gobert <cpgobert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Dean Edwards <kde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sharon Monett <sbm4him@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 13:38:21 -0400

Dean,

If you look at the eBird map for Varied Thrush, there were two checklists for
it, both on the same date in 1996... one in Roane County and one in Knox.
Since the Knox County sighting was "incidental" and plotted only to county and
not a specific location, it was probably mislocated by a birder not familiar
with the area.

Carole Gobert
Knoxville, TN