[TIPSdiscussion] Fw: ARLB030 New Rules Governing Vanity, Club Station Call Signs to Take Effect February 14

  • From: "Anne, K1STM" <k1stm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tipsdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 13:58:01 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "ARRL Web site" <memberlist@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <k1stm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, December 16, 2010 12:04 PM
Subject: ARLB030 New Rules Governing Vanity, Club Station Call Signs to Take
Effect February 14

> SB QST @ ARL $ARLB030
> ARLB030 New Rules Governing Vanity, Club Station Call Signs to Take
> Effect February 14
>
> ZCZC AG30
> QST de W1AW
> ARRL Bulletin 30  ARLB030
> From ARRL Headquarters
> Newington CT  December 16, 2010
> To all radio amateurs
>
> SB QST ARL ARLB030
> ARLB030 New Rules Governing Vanity, Club Station Call Signs to Take
> Effect February 14
>
> On Wednesday, December 15, new rules affecting vanity and club
> station call signs within the Amateur Radio Service were published
> in the Federal Register. They can be found in PDF format at,
> http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/2010/pdf/2010-31349.pdf.  These new
> rules will go into effect on February 14, 2011.
>
> Thirteen months ago, the FCC announced its intention of modifying
> Part 97 as it applies to the vanity call sign system and club
> station call signs, aligning the rules to prior Commission
> decisions. Last month, the Commission released a Report and Order
> (R&O), outlining its decision. Along with the changes to the call
> sign rules, the FCC made "certain minor, non-substantive amendments"
> to portions of Part 97.
> NNNN
> /EX

TIPSdiscussion welcomes messages from members please POST at:
tipsdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Our Info Page and Web Portal (the easy way to get to your acct)
www.freelists.org/list/tipsdiscussion

Subscribe to the list send a blank email with SUBSCRIBE in the subject field:
tipsdiscussion-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Unsubscribe by sending a blank email with UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject to:
tipsdiscussion-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tell your friends about TIPSnet!!!