[tinwhiskers] Re: Perfect opportunity for tin whiskers induced failures - Toyota did not install brake override systems despite complaints

  • From: Steve Smith <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bob Landman" <rlandman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 09:10:45 -0800

How can we get through to a reliability engineer within Toyota to tell
them that electronic glitches such as these are known to be caused by
lead-free solders and thus more brittle solder joints, the required
higher-temperature processing of circuit boards causing more circuit
failures, and also by tin whiskers?

Steve Smith

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-toyota-pedal30-2010jan30,0,790073,full.story

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/01/28/AR2010012803971.html?wpisrc=nl_pmheadline