[tinwhiskers] Re: ACE Develops Lead Tinning Syste m

  • From: "Mark Vaughan" <mark@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tinwhiskers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 07:44:22 +0100

Part of my work involves using RF induced fields to remove those calcium
salts, but we do not allow the treatment of lead pipes. The hocus pocus of
water descaling but there is good science behind it; all to do with dipole
moments; and I'm afraid many cowboys. One of the problems with lead water
pipes was the lead leaches into the calcium salts, if you leave them their
the salts protect the consumer, if you remove them every one in the house
gets a good lead dose.

Re the other. Not sure whether Shakespeare should also be shot, but you get
the general idea. It's a shame the electronics industry was divided and each
group decided follow the ROHS directive, united we could have ignored it.
Too late now, though I do wonder whether the idiot OKO list is an
opportunity for the industry to ignore it.

Funnily enough  I met with several electronics company owners in Italy a
couple of years back, their interpretation of RoHS was 'it is not for the
Italians, we will work with it for a couple of months and can then ignore
it' !

I don't what the answer is, but it gets me very frustrated.

Regs Mark

Dr. Mark Vaughan Ph'D., B.Eng. M0VAU

Managing Director

Vaughan Industries Ltd., reg in UK no 2561068

Water Care Technology Ltd, reg in UK no 4129351

Addr Unit3, Sydney House, Blackwater, Truro, Cornwall, TR4 8HH UK.

Phone/Fax 44 (0) 1872 561288

RSGB DRM111 (Cornwall)

  _____