[tinwhiskers] Re: ACE Develops Lead Tinning Syste m

  • From: Engelmaier@xxxxxxx
  • To: mark@xxxxxxxxxx, tinwhiskers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 17:33:46 EDT

Hi Mark,
I did not mean top imply that Ag and its salts are toxic for humans, but to
bacteria. I would imagine one would like to ave bacteria at work in a landfill.

That Romans got lead poisening from lead water pipes is an urban myth. I saw
the water papes in Pompeii—totally encrusted almost to occlusion be deposits.
The Pb-poisening happened to the roman upper-crust, because of drinking highly
acidic wine [much ore so than today's wines] from Pb-containing vessels.

Werner

Vote for your city's best dining and nightlife. City's Best
2008.
      (http://citysbest.aol.com?ncid=aolacg00050000000102)