[THIN] Re: printing

  • From: Philip.Walley@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 16:24:21 -0600

just thought i would share the info. I was able to discover my problem.
This issue is being caused by the client driver. Even though policies are
set to use the UPD solely, I have found in testing that it only occurs
when using the native driver for this canon iR3570(i think, i'm already
trying to forget this as fast as possible) printer. By changing the client
driver to a different generic driver that works with their printer,
autocreation now correctly sets the default printer as expected. Why the
client driver causes this is beyond my abilities. I just thought I would
share this find.

thanks for the help
pw

"Schneider, Chad M" <CMSchneider@xxxxxxxxx>