[THIN] printer mappings again

  • From: Jason CitrixADmin <jasoncitrix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 10:05:00 -0400

We have an issue where one of our app servers will stop mapping printers
for various users.  It is not a universal issue, but for the users affected
it occurs every single time.
After trying several possible fixes including wiping the user's profile and
also restarting print services, our netOps department started simply
re-imaging the servers.  SInce the servers did not have any User specific
data stored on them it was no problem.

However, we have a different set of App servers where User data is stored
on the server and the application setup is unique and difficult to
replicate if we are forced to wipe this server.  I was wondering if having
a large number of orphaned printers could prevent additional mappings.   I
have noticed a large number of "Auto restored client printers" that do not
delete when users log off.

Thank you
Jason