[THIN] Re: netscaler vpx, access gateway, web interface

  • From: Warren Simondson <caditc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 10:03:56 +1000

Hi Roger

I've done  a large number of these devices and in the early days I relied on
the brilliance of Jay
Tomlin and his website www.jaytomlin.com t get me through the tricky bits. Some
of the documents
are a bit old but still apply to the latest software.

The first document I use which gets me a running CAG/ MPX/ VPX with WI is this:

http://www.jaytomlin.com/citrix/AG/AG-E%208.0%20SmartAccess%20Deployment%20Guide%
20Dec%202007.pdf

The supplimentry articles I use a re from Citrix:

CTX116773
CTX120164

With LDAP authenication configured, check you CAG can talk to port 389. You can
easily do this by
creating a service on the CAG that sort of "pings or telnets" to that port and
give a greean light on
the management consoe if it works.

Let me know if you need more help. These new devices look complex, but one yuo
get one going,
you become an expert in no time.
--
Warren Simondson

Ctrl-Alt-Del IT Consultancy Pty Ltd

Website: http://www.ctrl-alt-del.com.au

On Thu, Jul 15th, 2010 at 5:31 AM, Roger Riggins <roger.riggins@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hi all!
>

> I'm switching from CSG to CAG. I downloaded the Netscaler VPX, put it
> in
> the DMZ and configured a virtual Access Gateway. The WI is in the
> LAN. I
> configured LDAP authentication and some STAs, but I'm struggling
> with
> the rest of the config on this. Does anybody know where I can find
> some
> step-by-step doco on configuring the Access Gateway for this setup?
> I'm
> still looking, but haven't found anything with substance.
>

> Right now I'm able to pull up the authentication page on the CAG,
> but
> unable to log in.
>

> Thanks!
>
> Roger
>

> Lutheran Services in Iowa Confidentiality Notice:
> The information contained in this communication may be confidential,
> is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above, and
> may be legally privileged. If the reader of this message is not the
> distribution, or copying of this communication, or any of its
> contents, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
> communication in error, please return it to the sender immediately
> and delete the original message and any copy of it from your computer
> system. If you have any questions concerning this message, please
> contact the sender.

Follow ThinList on Twitter
http://twitter.com/thinlist
http://thinmaillist.blogspot.com