[THIN] Citrix XML errors after zdc reboot

  • From: Angela Smith <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 20:50:39 +1000

Hi

Im getting lots of Citrix XML Service
errors on my WI 5.2 servers.  Example of errors are below:

An error occurred while attempting to
connect to the server Server1 on port 80. Verify that the Citrix XML Service
is running and is using the correct port. If the XML Service is configured
to share ports with Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS), verify
that IIS is running. This message was reported from the XML Service at
address http://Server1:80/scripts/wpnbr.dll.
The specified Citrix XML Service could not be contacted and has been temporarily
removed from the list of active services. [Unique Log ID: e9491936]

The above error occurs when the backup
ZDC is being rebooted which is to be expected.  My concern is the
WI server continue to have errors all week once the above error occurs.
 Example of subsequent errors on WI Server:

Site path: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\Citrix\XenApp.

An error of type IMA with an error ID
of 0x80000001 was reported from the Citrix XML Service at address
http://Server1:80/scripts/wpnbr.dll
[com.citrix.xml.NFuseProtocol.RequestValidateCredentials]. Depending on
the server running the XML Service, more information may be available in
the server's event log. This Citrix XML Service transaction failed, but
the XML Service has not been removed from the list of active services.
[Unique Log ID: 6455cbc9]

I do not know if these errors are affecting
user sessions but the errors occur every few minutes.  My WI Server
reboots once a week.  There are no errors on the WI's after they reboot.
 All errors occur after the ZDC's are rebooted.  I reboot the
ZDC's once a week.  How can I reboot the ZDC's without causing these
issues on the WI Server?  Is there a process I should run on the WI
Servers after the ZDC is rebooted to ensure they are talking?

Thanks

Ang

View photos of singles in your area! Looking for a hot date?
http://clk.atdmt.com/NMN/go/150855801/direct/01/