[THIN] Wyse 3125 and Mouse Cursors

  • From: "Jay Moock" <jmoock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 13:36:19 -0500

We currently have some Wyse 3125 WinTerms running CE 5.0 (various builds)
and the 8.x ICA client.

These units connect to a published desktop on MPS 3.0 servers running Win2k3
SP1.

If a user goes into the Mouse applet in Control Panel and changes their
cursor scheme to one of the non-stand schemes (like 3D-Bronze) the cursors
preview OK.  However, once the user applies the new cursor settings the
cursors display in black and white.  For example, the shaded default
3D-Bronze cursor ends up being half black and half white.

It happens at 16-bit or 256 color depth.

Has anyone seen this before?

Obviously that in itself is not a big deal, but where it is impacting us is
in our manufacturing application.  They have it coded so that the cursor
will change to a green cursor when the mouse is over a field that can be
drilled-down into.  Unfortunately the green cursor is on the lighter side of
the color scale, so on the 3125's it shows up as a white cursor (which is
indistinguishable from the default white cursor).

I may ask the vendor to change the cursor they are using, but it seems like
something that should be addressed on the thin clients themselves.

We have older Wyse units (2315's) and PCs running PN (7.x and 8.x) and
everything looks OK on them.

I have a case open with Wyse and they had me try the v9 ICA client but that
didn't help.  They said they have no record of this.

Thanks,
Jay