[THIN] Worst TS newbie mistake

  • From: "Nick Smith" <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 11:22:16 -0000

I am just starting to roll out our TS farm (I say farm; right now it
consists of one win 2003 TS, one Excahnge Server). We currently have a
grand total of 6 clients, expected to rise to around 50-odd in the next
3 months and then substantial increases to a few thousand in 2-3 years
(It's an ASP).

Everyone on this list, I presume started out at some point with their
first server farm, so I'm hoping I can learn from your experience; what
are the stupid things I should avoid doing now, because they may look
easy/cheap now (We have budgetary constraints), but will come back to
bite me? Particularly, what might I do now that is irretrievvable
without considerable effort in the future?

Nick
This weeks sponsor Vizioncore, Inc.
--> vc-iMonitor - Performance Monitoring, Control & Reporting
--> vc-iControl - Desktop & Start Menu Management & Reporting
--> vc-iMapper - Drive, Printer & COM Management & Reporting
http://vizioncore.com/products.html