[THIN] Re: WinXP SP2 & Citrix Web Interface - More Info

  • From: "Matt Kosht" <matt.kosht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 13:41:14 -0500

FYI this doesn't affect Mozilla/Netscape/Firefox browsers.

>>> brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 3/3/2004 1:29:34 PM >>>
A while back we had a thread going on about the fact that installing
Windows
XP Service Pack 2 (beta) on a Windows workstation caused the Citrix
Web
Interface to stop working. While this is not "technically" a bug, it's
an
unfortunate side effect of the fact that the new security restrictions
in
SP2 do not classify ICA files as "safe" content. More information can
be
found in the article I wrote at
http://www.brianmadden.com/thin/article.asp?ID=64

Well, I have good news! (sort of).  I've just confirmed that Microsoft
is
tracking this as a "bug" in their SP2 issues database. Its current
status is
"open," meaning that it's unresolved.

This does not mean that Microsoft will definitely be fixing this issue
because after all, it's not "technically" an issue.. :-) However, it
does
show that MS has recognized that it's a problem, which is a very good
thing.

Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Brian

Brian Madden

brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

+1.202.302.3657

Visit  <http://www.brianmadden.com> www.brianmadden.com for in-depth
Citrix,
Terminal Server, and server-based computing news and analysis, white
papers,
downloadable videos, and product reviews.

This weeks sponsor triCerat Inc.
triCerat makes your job easier by offering essential
applications to eliminate your printing, policy and profile,
and your application management problems.
http://www.triCerat.com