[THIN] Re: We shall see

  • From: Michael <indy019@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 15:15:38 -0700 (PDT)

When would this be available for the rest of us?  I've
had this very issue for a few weeks now.

Thanks!

Michael Saul
--- Frank Monroe <Frank.Monroe@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yes.  It is a case I have had open for months.  Its
> nice to see some action.
> I have heard others on this list with similar
> issues.

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
> [...]
> option for each disk
> that
> has write caching enabled and has its write cache
> protected against
> accidental loss of power. To configure the Power
> Protected write cache
> option on the selected disks, use the Dskcache.exe
> tool. Dskcache.exe is
> available separately.
> For additional information about the Dskcache.exe
> tool and how to enable
> the
> "power protected" write cache option, click the
> following article number
> view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
> KBLink:811392.KB.EN-US: Obtain the Dskcache.exe Tool
> to Configure the
> "Power
> Protected" Write Cache Option=20
> If you run Dskcache.exe without any parameters, the
> current write cache
> settings for all hard disks are displayed. For each
> hard disk currently
> present on your computer, the following information
> is displayed:
> Disk device:=20
>
> Volume name of the form:=20
> \\?\\<SCSI <file://\\?\\<SCSI> DEVICE ID>=20
>
> Current Settings:=20
> Write Cache is [ enabled | disabled ]=20
> Power Protect is [ enabled | disabled ]=20
> To enable "Power Protected" write cache on a disk
> drive, use the 'p'
> switch.
> For example, the following command would enable
> "power protected" write
> cache on the C drive:
> dskcache +p c:=20
> The output will look like this:=20
>
> Disk device:=20
> \\?\\<SCSI <file://\\?\\<SCSI> DEVICE ID>=20
> Current settings:=20
> Write Cache is enabled=20
> Power Protect is disabled=20
> New settings:=20
> Write Cache is enabled=20
> Power Protect is enabled=20
> Note: The Power Protected write cache option can
> only be enabled for
> disks
> that are currently present. By default, the Power
> Protected write cache
> option is disabled. As a result, this option is
> disabled for any disks
> that
> may be added after you apply this setting. If
> additional disks are
> added,
> enable the Power Protected write cache option for
> those added disks for
> the
> setting to take effect.
> Finally apply the registry settings under the
> "Terminal Server's
> Registry
> Settings" section to the Terminal Server. If you are
> using a file server
> share data, roaming profiles or redirected home
> folders for Terminal
> Server
> users, apply the registry setting under the "File

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\lanmanserver\parame
> ters
>
> Value Name: MaxWorkItems=20
> Data Type: REG_DWORD=20
> Value data: 16384 (decimal)=20
> Value Name: MaxMpxCt=20
> Data Type: REG_DWORD=20
> Value data: 2048 (decimal)=20
> Value Name: MaxRawWorkItems=20
> Data Type: REG_DWORD=20
> Value data: 512 (decimal)=20
> Value Name: MaxFreeConnections=20
> Data Type: REG_DWORD=20
> Value data: 100 (decimal)=20
> Value Name: MinFreeConnections=20
> Data Type: REG_DWORD=20
> Value data: 32 (decimal)=20

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\lanmanworkstation\p
> aram
> eters=20
> Value Name: MaxCmds=20
> Data Type: REG_DWORD=20
> Value data: 2048 (decimal)=20

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session