[THIN] WI4 pauses

  • From: Niclas Nordin <murklan74@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 06:37:02 -0800 (PST)

  Hi list,
  we have noticed a thing about our webserver.
  From time to time when You log onto the WI it can take up to a minute before
our publications are shown. Internet explorer just displays a white page and
says "done" so its not like its loading. If we just wait the WI with all the
publications will appear within a minute.
  This seems to happen randomly but more often when there is limited traffic to
the webserver.

  We are running WI4 on a windows 2003 server with SP1 and hotfixes from
windows update, the server is dedicated for WI.

  When we spoke to Citrix about this issue they say that this can happen when
the very first user logs on because of the DLLs loading into memory. How ever
we know for a fact that this has happened many times when the server isnt
booted recently and has been used quite a lot earlier during the day. The log
indicates no reboot or crashes.

  Is there some kind of "sleep" mode in IIS that makes the WI behave this way?

  Thankful for all ideas and suggestions.

  regards,
  Niclas Nordin
  BITS DATA i Södertälje AB