[THIN] Re: WI4 pauses

  • From: "BRUTON, Malcolm, FM" <Malcolm.BRUTON@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 11:26:06 -0000

We used to see this intermittently as well any time or day as well.  We had
two farms with WI pointing at both of them.  PS this was WI2 and WI3.  WI2
did a complete hang whilst WI3 behaves as you described

Basically one of the farms was screwing up.  Restarting the XML always fixed
the problem.  (sometimes we did IMA as well as it was shagged)  Once we
removed the misbehaving farm the issue went away.

I would normally point WI at your Data Collectors if they are dedicated.

Malcolm