[THIN] Re: WI 5.2 Slow App Launch

  • From: Jim Kenzig <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 19:59:08 -0400

I've posted this before. This is MY tip. Open windows exlorer and navigate to windows/system32/drivers/etc and open the hosts file with notepad. Add the hostname and ip address of your citrix servers (dc's and dns can't hurt either). Save the file as a utf8 file type with "hosts" in quotes so notepad doesn't add the .txt extension to it. No need to restart. You will get marked increase in connection speeds. (note you may need to show hidden files under the folder options to see the hosts file)

Jim Kenzig
Please excuse any typos.
Sent from my iPod

On Apr 5, 2010, at 11:27 AM, Harry Singh <hboogz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

All.

WI 5.2
CSG 3.1.3
PS 4.0
Citrix Online Plugin 11.2 and 12
IE 8.0 & FF 3.5.6
Windows XP SP3

I'm testing a new WI 5.2 setup against a PS 4.0 server and an noticing a much slower response time when trying to open applications from the WI site. Specifically, when i click to open an application, the Citrix client takes about 30-45 seconds to actually launch. is there anything i can do to speed up the response?

Best,
Follow ThinList on Twitter
http://twitter.com/thinlist
http://thinmaillist.blogspot.com