[THIN] Re: WI 5.2 Slow App Launch

  • From: Angela Smith <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 09:04:25 +1000

Hi

Would you be able to share the script that initiates the IIS warmup?

Thx
Ang
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 09:52:02 -0400
Subject: [THIN] Re: WI 5.2 Slow App Launch
From: hboogz@xxxxxxxxx
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks everyone for your replies.  Between your suggestions, the below KB and a
small script i wrote to initiate a "warm-up" of the WI site after the IIS app
pool recycle period, response times are even faster.

http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX117273

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 4:57 AM, Andrew Wood <andrew.wood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Yes – XML servers.

Essentially, its related to the suggestion that Jim posted –
where he’s modifying the local hosts file to improve performance. That suggests
some name lookup not working properly. Obviously you can ‘fix’ it be modifying
your hosts files – but possibly take a step back and look at why that name
resolution is taking some time -

Maybe get a copy of wireshark and take a looksee at what’s going
on.