[THIN] Re: WI 5.2 Slow App Launch

  • From: Jim Kenzig <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 17:34:59 -0400

One other issue I have seen cause slowness is the shutdown worker process in default app pool setting.

My last citrix wi install of 5.2 I think it did unchecked the setting by default but it wouldn't hurt to look in iis and see if it is checked as the worker processes restarting constantly will also slow things down. Here is a older kb albeit it describes exactly where to look

http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX103672

Jim Kenzig
Please excuse any typos.
Sent from my iPod

On Apr 6, 2010, at 3:30 PM, Harry Singh <hboogz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks for the input. I'm going to try your suggestions and report back.

On 4/6/10, Jeremy Saunders <Jeremy.Saunders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Is that for the XML servers Andrew? Does this have anything to do with the DNS Suffix Search Order? I’ve not experienced the slow launch issu e on any of my sites, but the answers from you and Jim have me concerned that I’ve
overlooked something.

Cheers,

Jeremy.