[THIN] Re: Virtualizing Citrix Boxes

  • From: "Joe Shonk" <joe.shonk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 10:57:18 -0700

Yes, but for a silo that has 3 or more servers it does not make sense.  The
cost and overhead is high for gaining very little or nothing at all.  If
anything, you've increase your resource requirements.

Vmotion is cool, but do you really need it for a Citrix server?  How hard is
it to disable logons and wait until the users drop off?  Building Citrix
servers on raw hardware can be just as easy and fast as deploying a VM from
a template.  Throw in Ardence and you've got a killer solution (yes, Ardence
can be used for VMs too)

For really small silos and under-utilized servers it makes sense, but if
you're deploying EPIC to 2000 users it does not.

Check him out at www.ronpaul2008.com

Important documents you should be familiar with:
The Declaration of Independence
The Constitution of the United States of America
The Bill of Rights