[THIN] Virtualizing Citrix Boxes

  • From: "Jon Luchette" <jon.e.luchette@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 10:35:45 -0400

I know it is almost impossible to say without knowing more information, but
does anybody have any good "rule of thumb" numbers to expect for how many
Citrix servers can be consolidated onto an ESX 3.x server?

I have an ESX 3.0.2 Server with 16GB of RAM and 2 Quad Core CPU's with SAN
Storage.  We are going to run Vmware's Capacity Planner tool to get more
information about the Citrix servers, but for now, how many normal Citrix
Presentation Servers would you expect to be able to run as
virtual machines on this hardware configuration?  Just a guestimate would be
fine for now...

Thanks guys!