[THIN] Re: UPD fails to create printers but native drivers work

  • From: "Angela Smith" <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 18:08:27 +1000

We are still using 4.0.  Couldn't find anything on it unfortunately

From: "Greg Reese" <gareese@xxxxxxxxx>
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: UPD fails to create printers but native drivers work
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 09:22:39 -0500

Are you on 4.5? I think i saw a hotfix for something to do with printing.
Might be worth a look.

Greg

On 6/19/07, Angela Smith <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

No.  Its interesting as the last time it happened the Print Spooler died.
The service automatically restarts but the Universal driver does not work
from that point onwards.  Ive restarted the services, rebooted.  I even
did
a repair of Citrix, still no luck.  A full uninstall/reinstall in the past
fixed it but I want to find a resolution as Ive had this issue on 3
servers
already.

Im not in the office to check but Im almost certain the universal printer
is
in the list.  I logged a call with Citrix who told me to install R03 which
have already.  They could not work it out so they told me to rebuild....

Surely someone has had this issue?

http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eletsshop%2Ecom%2FDefau

Advertisement: Win prizes worth over $250,000 in ninemsn's Gold Rush! http://ninemsn.com.au/share/redir/adTrack.asp?mode=click&clientID=789&referral=HotmailTagline&URL=http://goldrushgame.ninemsn.com.au