[THIN] UPD fails to create printers but native drivers work

  • From: "Angela Smith" <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 18:11:53 +1000

Hi

I have an issue where the Universal Driver is not working on 1 server. I have seen this on a few PS4 servers and the only way to get it working was to rebuild the Server. I get the following error:

Event ID 1116
Printer auto-creation failure. Reason: AddPrinter() failed with status 0x6BA. Client name: (WI_LBjxgPnFLIAPxcds_) Printer name: (PrinterXX on PrintServer1 (from WI_LBjxgPnFLIAPxcds_) in session 26) Port name: (Client:26:\\PrintServer1\PrinterXX) Driver name: (Citrix Universal Printer) Print processor: (Citrix Print Processor)

We use Windows 2003 R2 / Citrix Presentation Server 4. We use UPD and Native drivers. A Citrix Policy is set to use Native Drivers but fall back to Universal Driver if required. Native drivers are working, only printers that use UPD are failing to autocreate. Ive googled the net, CTXSMA User has the relevant rights and all appears normal

Has anyone seen such an issue? It started after I set a Citrix policy for a specific group to "Printing\Client Printers\Print Job routing\Always connect indirectly as a client printer". I don't know if this is co-incidence or if this policy broke the PS4 server

Thanks

Advertisement: Makeover Your Finances - WIN a $3000 Planning Package http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eletsshop%2Ecom%2FDefault%2Easpx%3Ftabid%3D948&_t=764144777&_r=letshop_emailtaglines_june07&_m=EXT