[THIN] Re: UPD fails to create printers but native drivers work

  • From: "Angela Smith" <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 00:04:50 +1000

No. Its interesting as the last time it happened the Print Spooler died. The service automatically restarts but the Universal driver does not work from that point onwards. Ive restarted the services, rebooted. I even did a repair of Citrix, still no luck. A full uninstall/reinstall in the past fixed it but I want to find a resolution as Ive had this issue on 3 servers already.

Im not in the office to check but Im almost certain the universal printer is in the list. I logged a call with Citrix who told me to install R03 which I have already. They could not work it out so they told me to rebuild....

Surely someone has had this issue?

From: "Carl Stalhood" <cstalhood@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [THIN] Re: UPD fails to create printers but native drivers work
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 18:53:51 -0500

If you restart the Citrix Print Management service, does it work? Does it
work immediately after a reboot?

If you look at the properties of a local printer, on the Advanced tab, click
the drop down for the drivers. Is the Citrix Universal Printer in the list?

Have you tried running a repair on Citrix Presentation Server?