[THIN] Re: Terminal Service Profiles

  • From: "Steve Raffensberger" <sraffens1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 16:16:46 -0500

I sat back hoping someone wiser than I would have a good solution but I
haven't seen one yet.

The bad news is that as far as I know, you are stuck taking ownership. The
good news is that you can script the whole thing with a cmd file that calls
the utility subinacl. I did this where I used to work but, unfortunately, I
no longer have the script so I can't share it with you.

If memory serves, I used subinacl to take ownership, cacls to set the
correct permissions, and subinacl again to give ownership back to the user.
I gave ownership back because, depending on hotfixes/SPs, W2K will check for
ownership of the profile and still fail if the user doesn't own it. You can
override this behavior with a GPO but, by default, it checks.

Good luck,

Raff