[THIN] Re: Terminal Server Licensing Server Activation

  • From: "Paul DeHaan" <wppad@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <jennifer.hooper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2005 15:03:44 -0500

Will it work to simply switch it back to Administrative/Remote mode?

>>> jennifer.hooper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 01/04/05 02:17PM >>>
Hi Guys -

    I have a question that has come up with something we are trying to do.
We have a few blade servers for use by our Support Dept, and it has the MSDN
version of Windows Server 2000 and Enterprise Server 2000.  They went and
enabled Application Server instead of Remote Support, and now they want us
to activate their licensing server.  I believe that all of the machines they
are using to connect to these machines are covered by MSDN as well.  Now,
the question I have, is do I need to activate their licensing server with
their MSDN licensing info, or our Enterprise Agreement information?

Thanks much!

Jennifer

Peregrine Systems, Inc.
Sr. Network Engineer