[THIN] Re: Terminal Server Licensing Server Activation

  • From: Martin Stephenson <martin.stephenson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 17:16:31 +1000

W2K TSCAL Servers can hand out Licenses across Domains (including
untrusted ones), provided the TSCAL server was installed in Domain
Mode.

A W2K TSCAL server cannot provide W2K3 TSCALS.

It seems that W2K3 TSCAL servers cannot hand out licenses across
untrusted Domains, though I am waiting back from Microsoft for an
answer on this one.

Use LSVIEW.exe (from the resource kit) on your TS to find out where
its trying to get the TSCALs from.

Cheers,
Martin.

http://www.seamlessplanet.com