[THIN] Re: Terminal Server Licensing Queries

  • From: Jennifer Hooper <jennifer.hooper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 10:15:54 -0700

Ok, that might be just what I need for an interim solution!  Thanks!!

Jen

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Jennifer Hooper Posted At: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 11:59 AM Posted To:
The thin mailing list
Conversation: [THIN] Terminal Server Licensing Queries
Subject: [THIN] Terminal Server Licensing Queries

Hi guys -=20
=20
    I know I ask a lot of questions about TS Licensing!  I swear it's the
most confusing part of the entire Win2k infrastructure.  Here's the
situation...I have a terminal server that the temporary licenses are about
to expire.  I don't know if I'm going to be able to get the licenses
purchased and installed prior to the expiration.  Of course, this will
result in service interruption for my users.  Is there anything that I can
do to extend or prevent this?   The other leg of this issue is that the
server will only be necessary for another 30 days.  So can I reclaim those
licenses for later use on our internal network, *and* can they be recycled
to a 2003 licensing scheme?
=20
Thanks!
=20
Jennifer
=20
Jennifer Hooper
Peregrine Systems, Inc.
Sr. Network Engineer

mailto:jennifer.hooper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:jennifer.hooper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>=20

=20

This Week's Sponsor - Tarantella Secure Global Desktop Tarantella Secure
Global Desktop Terminal Server Edition Free Terminal Service Edition
software with 2 years maintenance.
http://www.tarantella.com/ttba
the below link: