[THIN] Re: Terminal Server Licensing Queries

  • From: Jeff Malczewski <jmalczewski@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 13:06:26 -0400

I don't know about extending it, but if you purchase 2003 licenses then you
can use them on a 2000 server for now, and then transfer them to a 2003
server when the time comes.  At least, you SHOULD be able to, I'd check with
your VAR.  I know this is legal to do with the OSes themselves, it's called
Version Downgrade.  EVERY server OS license I've purchased within the past
year has been a 2003 license, yet I have not a single 2003 server in my
infrastructure (at the moment)....