[THIN] Re: Terminal Server Licensing 2003

  • From: "Joe Grainger" <JAG@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 14:44:35 +0000

We will be deploying new thin clients and will also be increasing the device
count that will connect to our farm via a Secure Access Gateway.

What is the best way to change TS licensing from per device to per user in
order to avoid any post change maintenance?

All TS servers are all 2003 (sp1 or not) and the TS licensing server is 2003,
with per device licensing.

Thanks

>>> jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 07/02/2006 14:35 >>>

Heh that is until MS decides to fix this bug er feature.
JK

Jeff Pitsch < wrote:
Since the per user licenses are not tracked and technicaly not issued, there is
no recovery and no need for one.

Jeff Pitsch

On 2/7/06, Jonathan Kadoo < wrote: Hi everyone, I am just trying find a clear
answer on this.  We are looking at upgrading our terminal server environment to
Windows 2003.  We are looking at licensing the server using per user.  My
question is when a user is issued a license when does the license get
recovered.  For example if user A logs into terminal server and gets issued a
license.  Then later on that user leaves our company, how does the license that
gets issued to user A get recovered.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Jonathan

http://www.star.net.uk

Hazlewoods LLP - Chartered Accountants and Business Advisers

Offices in Cheltenham Tel 01242 237661, Gloucester Tel 01452 634800 and
Staverton Tel 01242 680000.

Members: Harvey Grove FCA FCCA  Andrew Brookes FCA CF  Jon Cartwright FCCA ATII
TEP  Nick Dee ACA  Tony Flambard FCCA David Granger FCA FCCA  Jonathan Harvie
FCA  David Main FCCA Christopher Mourton FCCA  David Pierce FCA FCCA  Adrian
Randle FCA FCCA TEP  Graham Rew FCA  Philip Swan FCA ATII  Norman Webber FCCA
CF  David Williams FCA

Website www.hazlewoods.co.uk.

Registered by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales to
carry out company audit work.
Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
Registered in England. Partnership No: OC311817
DISCLAIMER:
The contents of this Email and attachments are confidential to the ordinary
user(s) of the Email address(es) to which it was sent and may be legally
privileged.
Hazlewoods LLP accepts no responsibility for the content of this Email, or the
actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information
is subsequently agreed in writing.