[THIN] Re: Terminal Server Licensing 2003

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://kenzig.com" <jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 06:35:24 -0800 (PST)

Heh that is until MS decides to fix this bug er feature.
  JK

Jeff Pitsch < wrote:
    Since the per user licenses are not tracked and technicaly not issued,
there is no recovery and no need for one.

  Jeff Pitsch

  On 2/7/06, Jonathan Kadoo < wrote:     Hi everyone, I am just trying find a
clear answer on this.  We are looking at upgrading our terminal server
environment to Windows 2003.  We are looking at licensing the server using per
user.  My question is when a user is issued a license when does the license get
recovered.  For example if user A logs into terminal server and gets issued a
license.  Then later on that user leaves our company, how does the license that
gets issued to user A get recovered.

  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

  thanks

  Jonathan