[THIN] Terminal 2K3 and Novell

  • From: "Keith Sirmons" <KSirmons@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 17:10:01 -0600

Hello all, I am setting up a terminal server in our organization.  A
problem I am running into is this is a Novell shop.  We are using Novell
6.5 and ZEN 6.5.  I want the terminal server to act like a desktop
replacement. I have loaded Novell and ZEN and set a DLU terminal policy
for a test user.  The user logs in and the DLU creates a local account.I
have tried to create a group policy for the terminal server, but it
looks like the policies do not apply when the user logs in.  We have
several drive mappings that occur through the Novell client.  Their home
directory is mapped as U:\. I want to setup a policy that maps the
Desktop, My Documents, and Favorites folders to respective folders on
the U:\.  I also want to have a roaming profile stored on the U:\ in a
profile directory.  I do not want data directories to be stored in the
profile and copied to the terminal server when they login.    Is there a
best practice guide for me in this situation?  Sorry for being a little
vague.  This is my first attempt into the thin client world. Keith
SirmonsKeith Sirmons
Computer and Network Support
College of Veterinary Medicine