[THIN] Search button does not work in published Explorer

  • From: Steve Sullivan <SSullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 12:27:04 -0700

Hi out there,

My only issue in quite a while . . .

MF-FR/2 Win2K

Just got a complaint that the "search" icon does not work in the Explorer
published application . . . so immediately set out to find out and bang! It
doesn't work - does nothing when clicked for users or admins.

If you right-click on a folder in Explorer and select Search, you get the
error:

*** Cannot find the file "H:\My Documents\subdirectory' (or one of its
components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all
required libraries are available. ***

Explorer is published as follows:

Explorer.exe was copied to Explorer2.exe on the server %systemdrive%
Users are denied access to the original Explorer.exe

CMC Application Properties:
Command Line - P:\WINNT\explorer2.exe /e,/root,h:\my documents
Start in - H:\

I know this has something to do with assigning the H:\My Documents folder as
the "root" for Explorer, because if I remove that parameter from the Command
Line, it works - but gives users access to a lot more stuff that we don't
want them poking around in.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Steve