[THIN] Re: SAN solution opinions...

  • From: "Nail, Larry" <lnail@xxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 13:14:46 -0500

We've run both SQL Server & Oracle DB's on NAS and gotten better performance
and overall database integrity & recoverability on Netapp's for quite some
time.

The Exchange team is still wavering due to Microsoft changing from
"supported" to "not supported" but they want to move to it because of the
backup & recover windows that snapshots give you.  Not to mention that you
can host several Exchange Server db's on a single Netapp.