[THIN] Restricting access to Win2003 TS

  • From: "Leone, Michael" <MLeone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Thin Client list (E-mail)" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 15:27:27 -0500

I'm new to using AD. Am I correct in assuming that if I go into AD Users and
Computers, and change the Terminal Services Profile tab of one of my users,
and uncheck "Allow logon to terminal server", this user will not be allowed
to access the LAN via TS (obviously ... :-), but also won't tie up a
license? I have all per-device licenses, and will soon be activating the
License Server service on my new Win2003 TS with these new licenses. Am I
correct in assuming that this is the proper way of limiting remote access,
as well as denying the issuance of licenses (and leaving them free for
others to use)?
Michael Leone, Systems Administrator
Philadelphia Contributionship
210 S. 4th Street, Philadelphia, PA  19106
<mailto:mleone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
V: 215-627-1752 x1282
F: 215-627-5354

This weeks sponsor Emergent Online.