[THIN] Re: Restricting access to Win2003 TS

  • From: "Leone, Michael" <MLeone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 12:26:58 -0500

Thanks. Not (yet) using policies.
As for the "Remote Desktop Users" group, I could define a new security
group, and include that. Probably be easiest. Just means I have to authorize
them before they can connect work remotely, but I want that, anyway. :-)
(at the moment, it's all domain users)

Thanks for the insights, and the verification about license issuance.

Michael Leone, Systems Administrator
Philadelphia Contributionship
210 S. 4th Street, Philadelphia, PA  19106
<mailto:mleone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
V: 215-627-1752 x1282
From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Leone, Michael
Posted At: Thursday, March 18, 2004 2:27 PM
Posted To: The thin mailing list
Conversation: [THIN] Restricting access to Win2003 TS
Subject: [THIN] Restricting access to Win2003 TS

I'm new to using AD. Am I correct in assuming that if I go into AD Users
and Computers, and change the Terminal Services Profile tab of one of my
users, and uncheck "Allow logon to terminal server", this user will not
be allowed to access the LAN via TS (obviously ... :-), but also won't
tie up a license? I have all per-device licenses, and will soon be
activating the License Server service on my new Win2003 TS with these
new licenses. Am I correct in assuming that this is the proper way of
limiting remote access, as well as denying the issuance of licenses (and
leaving them free for others to use)?
Michael Leone, Systems Administrator
Philadelphia Contributionship
210 S. 4th Street, Philadelphia, PA  19106
<mailto:mleone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
V: 215-627-1752 x1282
F: 215-627-5354

This weeks sponsor Emergent Online.
Emergent OnLine is the leading server-based computing consulting
integration firm in the nation. Emergent OnLine delivers expert=3D20
consulting services you can depend on.
http://www.go-eol.com
This weeks sponsor Emergent Online.
Emergent OnLine is the leading server-based computing consulting
integration firm in the nation. Emergent OnLine delivers expert=20