[THIN] Re: Question concerning some Performance issues.

  • From: "Trevor Fuson" <fuson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 15:14:26 -0700

Take a look using NT Filemon to see what the problem files are, this
will help isolate which program is causing the excessive I/O. For
example the MS Office Save dialog autocomplete does a complete file scan
of the recent docs folder after every character that is typed. It could
be a single user with thousands of files in this folder and it takes
them several minutes to type in the filename.

Be careful about using Filemon on a busy server, make sure to disable
autoscroll and set the priority low.

Trevor.