[THIN] Re: Question concerning some Performance issues.

  • From: rick.mattingly@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 08:20:35 -0400

The LSI controller has been upgraded with the latest drivers/software.  As
far as read write, our hardware team has explained that this functionality
of changing the read write is not available on the IBM Blades.

Thanks,
Enterprise Server Team
Rick Mattingly
859-363--2264

material. Any review, re-transmission, dissemination or other use of, or
computer.

             Dwaine Goings
             <dwaine_goings@ya
             hoo.com>                                                   To
             Sent by:                  thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
             thin-bounce@freel                                          cc
             ists.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [THIN] Re: Question concerning some
             06/20/2005 05:46          Performance issues.
             PM

             Please respond to
             thin@xxxxxxxxxxxx

What is going on with the array cotroller have you check it and put the
latest patch for it on and what is the read write set to

rick.mattingly@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

 No memory constraints or processor bottlenecks. We have been trying to
 track down processes and see that Winlogon.EXE and Services.EXE do a ton
 of
 writing, but looking at other servers it seems to be normal. We have tried
 removing AV from 1 server to no avail. Servers are patched and latest BIOS
 and Firmware is applied.

 I see you have your pagefile on the second partition. Ours along with the
 Print Spool is on C:.

 That is the other thing, almost all of this utilization (99% at least) is
 writing. Very little reading is going on.

 Thanks,
 Enterprise Server Team
 Rick Mattingly
 859-363--2264

 material. Any review, re-transmission, dissemination or other use of, or
 computer.

 "Joe Shonk"
 com> To
 Sent by:
 thin-bounce@freel cc
 ists.org
 Subject
 [THIN] Re: Question concerning some
 06/20/2005 02:40 Performance issues.
 PM

 Please respond to
 thin@xxxxxxxxxxxx

 Tweaking the Pagefile settings may help, but it may not solve your
 problem.

 I don't see an issue with 2 partitions and the pagefile created on the 2nd
 partition... In fact, that is what we are doing right now on the HS20s.

 Have you looking into why the servers are utilizing the Hard Drive
 extensively? Are you running into memory constraints? Is there a specific
 process that is using the drives exten sively? You need to gather more
 specifics about the what is causing bottleneck before proceeding.

 Are the servers patched? BIOS and Firmware updated?