[THIN] Published Apps, Session Sharing and Access Gateway

  • From: James Scanlon <scanjam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Thin <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 23:19:27 +1000

Have a situation where session sharing is breaking for the XenApp published
desktop (with a 12.3 pnagent running on the desktop)There seems to be many
schools of thought on this process, doing it properly etc etc, using the
receiver, not using published apps, shortcut creation by anything but citrix -
but we have use this solution for a number of specific reasons. (namely 1) the
It team want to be able to dynamically manage shortcuts to users in the start
menu, and desktop and 2) the citrix receiver 4.x removes the publish to desktop
option.
I have gone through every citrix hotfix and article re session sharing and i
have narrowed it down to simplyIf the Published Desktop and the
apps being launched ALL have the access gateway feature DISABLE OR
ENABLED (i.e they match) – session sharing will work, if they differ, it
breaks, (which actually makes sense)
My question is how best to manage the applications internally vs externally and
keep the session sharing working. What are others using?The dynamic built
citrix start menu from PNAgent is quick and sleek, and very flexible in terms
of administration and customisation.
We run appv but chose not to use the short creation feature of this as 'thats
how the rest of the team used to do it' and wanted to try and keep it simple
for everyone else.
Do we need to publish a set inside apps (with gateway disabled), and a set of
outside apps (with gateway enabled)??
Any advice or thoughts appreciated!James