[THIN] Re: Probably OT : Slow File save in W2k3 TS

  • From: "Nick Smith" <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 19:01:50 -0000

Trevor's Solution
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;328890
<http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;328890>  seems to have
solved it for me, in gob-smacking fashion. As a test I moved about 40 files,
15MB maybe, from the file server to TS and back again. Pre-hack it was about 8
seconds to the TS, 40 seconds to the File Server. After the hack (And a reboot)
it was, effectively, 0 seconds either way: I just couldn't measure it. I didn't
need the patcf, fortunately; just changed the registry entry to 1.

Nick