[THIN] WI 3.0 Configurwtion

  • From: "Dave Hauschildt" <DaveH@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 11:47:29 -0700

Hello everyone,

I am in the process of setting up WI 3.0 and our farm for outside access.
Currently we have a farm that works fine internally in a private address space
consisting of 20 private address subnets. The web interface works as it should
no problems. I have successfully tested publishing a single server accessed
from the outside. To do this I used the altaddr command on one citrix server in
the farm and setup WI 3.0 to use alternate address as the server default. While
this did work it broke the internal function of the WI. I think I understand
why in that that setting the default behavior to use the alternate address will
check force WI to try to return the alternate address for all server, which it
can't do as I had only put it on one server.

What I would like to do is use the translate address feature of WI so I don't
have to configure each server separately. What I'm not quite clear on is how
this would actually work in the setup. I want the default behavior to be to
return the normal address of the server for internal use. But I want to have
acces from any outside address to be returned a public address corresponding to
the publishing rule I set up in ISA. I would like all  of my servers to be
available from the internet. How do I fill out the specific address
translations settings to return the mapped addresses for any address other than
our internal private addressing?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Dave Hauschildt
IT Manager