[THIN] Re: Powerfuse?

  • From: "Rob Beekmans" <robbeekmans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 20:27:02 +0100

I've installed powerfuse a few times........after the initiall shock =
most
user accept the fact they can't do anything without the IT staff =
allowing
it.

There are some issues we noticed when running powerfuse....powerfuse can =
get
really stressed when clicking to much like a user in panic waiting for =
some
app to start...I had servers stop suddenly when stress testing it, just =
by
clicking too much for an app to be started.

Also on two sites I've seen the issue that when someone from the IT staf
logs on as an administrator using powerfuse (like the user would) after =
that
no matter what you do or change the administrator profile is messed =
up..I
end up with a admin profile from which I can't do much anymore, it has
become a user profile. I've created a new profile but this didn't help.
Even when logging on at the console of the server...it's a mess....of =
course
they shouldn't log on like users do but I allways understood that you =
could
exclude certain users from being affected.....this is a big issue...

These issues have not been resolved to my knowledge......

...and ps. Don't get me wrong...I'm not against powerfuse...it's just my =
two
=88 cents of experience

Grx
Rob